Thread: Any Hams on here?

Any Hams on here?

I recall from a previous thread that there were at least 2 Hams on this board. I am getting ready to take my Tech license on sunday, but I still have no clue how to actually talk to others. I have a semi-cheap 2m/70cm radio on it's way, and I plan on hanging with the BHam Ham club to learn, but that is once a week on a tuesday night. Anybody on here willing to take a newb under their wing and give some pointers so I am not the FNG who gets yelled at?

I am testing with http://w4cue.com/ sunday at 2pm.
    2015 Jeep Willys Wheeler edition Tank Clearcoat

Done-list:Trucklights, 5" Redline Antenna, Smittybilt XRC-Stinger Front Bumper, Smittybilt Gen2 X20 Comp 10k, Factor55 Flatlink, LED cube fogs, CB (Uniden 520xl, Firestick FS2 2' antenna), Drake Off Road Hood Holddowns, JCROffroad Crusader mid width rear bumper, JCROffroad Adventure Tire Carrier, Ham radio (Kenwood TM-D710ga with Offroad Evo A-Pillar LED mount for the antenna mount, Comet CA-2x4SR antenna, usually listening on 146.580, always APRSing WA4WTF-9)

In Progress: Convincing wife that the list below is neeeeeeeeded!

Want-list: Switch-Pro SP-8100, 50" Cree light bar, MetalCloak Fenders, Lockers, 1-tons, Half doors (Mopar? Bestop? SFZ? Either way it's gonna be something with removable top halfs), TrekArmor seat covers... More to be decided.

I'm a HAM I have my General ticket. KN4CUH. I'd be happy to help you out.

Well, I got my Tech ticket Sunday, and now I have 3 weeks before I take and pass my General. I have a callsign, but have requested a vanity sign (2 weeks from FCC, according to their site...). I have already talked on the local (Shelby county) repeater once. When it comes time to install a radio in the Jeep, I will have to hit you up for ideas.
    2015 Jeep Willys Wheeler edition Tank Clearcoat

Done-list:Trucklights, 5" Redline Antenna, Smittybilt XRC-Stinger Front Bumper, Smittybilt Gen2 X20 Comp 10k, Factor55 Flatlink, LED cube fogs, CB (Uniden 520xl, Firestick FS2 2' antenna), Drake Off Road Hood Holddowns, JCROffroad Crusader mid width rear bumper, JCROffroad Adventure Tire Carrier, Ham radio (Kenwood TM-D710ga with Offroad Evo A-Pillar LED mount for the antenna mount, Comet CA-2x4SR antenna, usually listening on 146.580, always APRSing WA4WTF-9)

In Progress: Convincing wife that the list below is neeeeeeeeded!

Want-list: Switch-Pro SP-8100, 50" Cree light bar, MetalCloak Fenders, Lockers, 1-tons, Half doors (Mopar? Bestop? SFZ? Either way it's gonna be something with removable top halfs), TrekArmor seat covers... More to be decided.