Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cherokee Project

Quote Originally Posted by OlGoldie View Post
    This is actually faulty wiring on Jeeps part but an awesome feature indeed. My old ones used to do the same thing and I LOVED it. It's just enough you can tell they are glowing. Looks good! Output is WAYYY better. Keep the mods coming.
    I guess there is just enough current to power LEDs, but not enough to light up the stock bulbs?
    2015 Bright White Grand Cherokee Overland aka "Snowy"
    2014 Copperhead Pearl JKUR aka "Rubi"
    2001 Silverstone Metallic Cherokee aka "Rokee"

Makes Their Own Trails OlGoldie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dblack View Post
    I guess there is just enough current to power LEDs, but not enough to light up the stock bulbs?
    That'd be my guess. It's an awesome little quark really
    06 LJ - Rock Krawler 3.5" X-Factor Long Arm Stretch Kit - JCR Armor Front to Rear - Lots of Stuffs - GOING WONTONS!!

DEAD - OlGoldie 99 XJ 4.0 Automatic - Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit - 4.5" RE Front Coils w/ 2.5" Budget Boost - RE 3.5" Rear Leaf Pack (w/ 1.5" shackle) - Bilstein 5100 Shocks F/R - RE Track Bar Mount Brace - RE Track Bar - RC Shackle Relocation - RE Pitman Drop Arm - Teraflex Front/Rear Bar Pin Eliminators - Daystar Rear Bump Stops - Interco Super Swamper M16 37x13.50x15 Tires on Mickey Thompson Bulletholes 15x10 -44 - Rustys 1 Ton OTK Steering Conversion - Ford 8.8 Rear Axle w/ Disc on 4.88 Yukon Gears (welded) - Dana 30 Front w/ Yukon 4.88 Gears and Spartan Front Locker - ARB D30 Diff Cover w/ Lube Locker - Rustys Trail Rear Bumper - Oracle 4x6 LED Headlights

SOLD! - 95 Wrangler YJ 4 Cyl 5 Speed- D60 F/R - Detroit Locker Front w/ Warn Premium Hubs - Welded Rear w/ Yukon Hubs & Shafts - Rear Custom ORC Track Bar - BTF Diff Covers - 5.38 Gears - TrailReady Hummer Double Beadlock Wheels - 39.5 Interco Super Swamper TSLs - Custom ORC F/R Driveshafts w/ 3150 Joints - Rustys Steering Arms - PSC Hydro Assist - Fully Tubed - CJ Hood & Grille - MTX Thunder Tower Speakers on Marine Sony Amp

I'm behind in my updates...after the headlights, I pulled the wipers off and sanded and sprayed them black. They were looking a little rough. I ended up losing the rear washer nozzle somehow and had to order a replacement rear arm since you can't get the washer nozzle

Sometimes the little details make a big difference.

I also replaced the shocks. I went with Zone Offroad Hydro Shocks for several reasons. 1) They were cheap at $125 shipped. 2) They had good reviews. Install was pretty easy. I had read that I may have issues with the rear upper shock mount bolts breaking, but I hit them with PB Blaster a few days out and again before the install and they came out pretty easy.

I got all shocks replaced without removing wheels or even jacking the Jeep up. I didn't put the Zone Offroad stickers on. I kind of like the clean, white look, but I may add them at some point.

I also upgraded interior lighting. I hate the incandescent bulbs because they get hot and just don't look that great. I ordered LEDs off Amazon from a seller called yitamor I think. He had great reviews. I'm having trouble finding the bulb I need for the cargo area. The manual says 561, but it's not. I ordered another bulb that I thought would work, but it didn't either...I think I need a 211-2 but I'm not sure 42 or 44mm.

The Cherokee is currently at Tire Engineers on 280. If you didn't know, Ryan (LaDarius on here) is the Store Manager there. It was idling rough a few weeks ago, so they did a tune-up on it, replaced spark plugs, wires, cleaned the throttle body and fuel injectors. That definitely helped with the idling.

Now it is there getting the evaporation system leak detection pump replaced, the valve cover and oil pan gaskets replaced and the power steering hose replaced. Hopefully it won't need any more maintenance any time soon...

Once I get it back, I've got new tailgate struts and bumpstops to install.

Makes Their Own Trails OlGoldie's Avatar
    Loving the interior LEDs. Looking killer David!
    06 LJ - Rock Krawler 3.5" X-Factor Long Arm Stretch Kit - JCR Armor Front to Rear - Lots of Stuffs - GOING WONTONS!!

DEAD - OlGoldie 99 XJ 4.0 Automatic - Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit - 4.5" RE Front Coils w/ 2.5" Budget Boost - RE 3.5" Rear Leaf Pack (w/ 1.5" shackle) - Bilstein 5100 Shocks F/R - RE Track Bar Mount Brace - RE Track Bar - RC Shackle Relocation - RE Pitman Drop Arm - Teraflex Front/Rear Bar Pin Eliminators - Daystar Rear Bump Stops - Interco Super Swamper M16 37x13.50x15 Tires on Mickey Thompson Bulletholes 15x10 -44 - Rustys 1 Ton OTK Steering Conversion - Ford 8.8 Rear Axle w/ Disc on 4.88 Yukon Gears (welded) - Dana 30 Front w/ Yukon 4.88 Gears and Spartan Front Locker - ARB D30 Diff Cover w/ Lube Locker - Rustys Trail Rear Bumper - Oracle 4x6 LED Headlights

SOLD! - 95 Wrangler YJ 4 Cyl 5 Speed- D60 F/R - Detroit Locker Front w/ Warn Premium Hubs - Welded Rear w/ Yukon Hubs & Shafts - Rear Custom ORC Track Bar - BTF Diff Covers - 5.38 Gears - TrailReady Hummer Double Beadlock Wheels - 39.5 Interco Super Swamper TSLs - Custom ORC F/R Driveshafts w/ 3150 Joints - Rustys Steering Arms - PSC Hydro Assist - Fully Tubed - CJ Hood & Grille - MTX Thunder Tower Speakers on Marine Sony Amp

Betting the oil pan gasket may not have been leaking.. Valve cover gasket leak is many times the culprit the way it runs down the engine.

Gravel Road
    Can you send me the link to the bulbs? i need to do that with mine
    1999 Cherokee- rear eaton locker, front arb air locker, smittybuilt rock sliders, rustys front and rear bumpers, smittybuilt 9500 lb winch, 4.5 inc rubicon express short arm suspension lift, 33's, and a slip yoke eliminator kit.

Quote Originally Posted by K9cop View Post
    Can you send me the link to the bulbs? i need to do that with mine
    Footwell lights: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Pure-Whi...72.m2749.l2649

Map lights/reading lights: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-X-LED-Xe...72.m2749.l2649

Front dome light: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-PCS-44mm-...72.m2749.l2649

I haven't been able to find any that fit the rear cargo light correctly.