Thread: 2002 Ford Excursion 4 wd 7.3 Powerstroke

2002 Ford Excursion 4 wd 7.3 Powerstroke

Well, friends and family, boys and girls, it is that time, the end of an era. I am letting go of my beloved Excursion. I don't feel like typing in all the details, click on the links. It is on my FB page as well.

https://bham.craigslist.org/cto/d/20...493276412.html
    08 Rubicon Unlimited, Rusty's Off Road 3.25" Advanced lift, JKS track bar, Synergy drag link, Synergy tie rod, OX Lockers front and rear wired in to factory switches, 5:13 Yukon Gears, Ten front axels, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Mickey Thompson 17 x 9 Side Biters, Diablo Programer, Sprintex Super Charger, Power Stop Brakes, Bushwacker fenders, Wet Okole seat covers (with loaded pistol pockets and seat heaters), Ripp long tube headers with high flow cats, Poison Spider hood louver, Pure Jeep front and rear bumpers, Warn 12K Power Plant winch, Rusty's Off Road Evap skid plate, Banks Cold Air Intake, Damn! That's a mouth full!!!

Crazy Wanda's, owner, head cook! Call me for signature breading, seasonings, catering and on site cooking!
    Let me cook your holiday meal (or the main), game day food or company party. Fried or smoked turkeys, prime rib, ribs, BBQ, wings, fried fish and chicken, seafood of any kind, Greek, Italian, Cuban, you name it!
    http://www.crazywandallc.com/

Makes Their Own Trails smbundy13's Avatar
    no offense.. but $16k for a 16 year old vehicle with almost 400k miles on it?!?!?!?!? that seems absurdly high..

again, I mean no offense.. just curious as to the justification of the asking price..
    2000 Chevy z71 single cab - my HS/College truck.. saving money
    1980 CJ7 - refurb in progress.
    2013 Ford F150 Platinum Eco-Boost 4x4 - Sold.
    2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon - Silver everything - TRADED

Makes Their Own Trails OlGoldie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smbundy13 View Post
    no offense.. but $16k for a 16 year old vehicle with almost 400k miles on it?!?!?!?!? that seems absurdly high..

again, I mean no offense.. just curious as to the justification of the asking price..
    Excursions sell for alot of money. Check out the 99 Cherokee in the other thread that he is asking $16,500 for bahaha
    06 LJ - 07 SuperDuty OneTons - Rock Krawler 3.5" X-Factor Long Arm Stretch Kit - JCR Armor Front to Rear - Lots of Stuffs

DEAD - OlGoldie 99 XJ 4.0 Automatic - Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit - 4.5" RE Front Coils w/ 2.5" Budget Boost - RE 3.5" Rear Leaf Pack (w/ 1.5" shackle) - Bilstein 5100 Shocks F/R - RE Track Bar Mount Brace - RE Track Bar - RC Shackle Relocation - RE Pitman Drop Arm - Teraflex Front/Rear Bar Pin Eliminators - Daystar Rear Bump Stops - Interco Super Swamper M16 37x13.50x15 Tires on Mickey Thompson Bulletholes 15x10 -44 - Rustys 1 Ton OTK Steering Conversion - Ford 8.8 Rear Axle w/ Disc on 4.88 Yukon Gears (welded) - Dana 30 Front w/ Yukon 4.88 Gears and Spartan Front Locker - ARB D30 Diff Cover w/ Lube Locker - Rustys Trail Rear Bumper - Oracle 4x6 LED Headlights

SOLD! - 95 Wrangler YJ 4 Cyl 5 Speed- D60 F/R - Detroit Locker Front w/ Warn Premium Hubs - Welded Rear w/ Yukon Hubs & Shafts - Rear Custom ORC Track Bar - BTF Diff Covers - 5.38 Gears - TrailReady Hummer Double Beadlock Wheels - 39.5 Interco Super Swamper TSLs - Custom ORC F/R Driveshafts w/ 3150 Joints - Rustys Steering Arms - PSC Hydro Assist - Fully Tubed - CJ Hood & Grille - MTX Thunder Tower Speakers on Marine Sony Amp

Quote Originally Posted by OlGoldie View Post
    Excursions sell for alot of money. Check out the 99 Cherokee in the other thread that he is asking $16,500 for bahaha
    yeah.. thats a frustration i see with people selling jeeps.. they see the word Jeep on the front and instantly add about $5-10k to price..

Quote Originally Posted by OlGoldie View Post
    I wondered about that, too...I have mine posted at $6,500 and I've had several serious inquiries, but $16,500...dang.
    2015 Bright White Grand Cherokee Overland aka "Snowy"
    2014 Copperhead Pearl JKUR aka "Rubi"
    2001 Silverstone Metallic Cherokee aka "Rokee"

The reasoning on the pricing is easy. Not only is the 7.3 4wd the holy grail of Excursions, it also has a new $4k transmission, $2k worth or glow plugs, valve cover gaskets, injector harnesses and ICP sensor, front and rear bakes, every maintenance record for the day I bought it 2003, new tires $2k (Nittos, not cheap tires to sell it) and the interior is in awesome shape only showing wear on the driver's seat which is minimal for a 382K vehicle. You can find gas burners or 6.0 engines out there for cheap, the 7.3 4wd, combined with the condition and $8K worth of work and new parts, it's worth it. I have it at $16,900 on Craigslist because of all the bullshit you get from there, and that is all I have gotten, BS and criminals trying to steal it. $15,900 is my actual asking price, key word ASKING.

Earnest McCarty Ford has a XLT 2 wd gas burner for 10,900, not sure on the miles. Alared has a F250 with the 7.3 that has 500k miles on it and still kicking.
    08 Rubicon Unlimited, Rusty's Off Road 3.25" Advanced lift, JKS track bar, Synergy drag link, Synergy tie rod, OX Lockers front and rear wired in to factory switches, 5:13 Yukon Gears, Ten front axels, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Mickey Thompson 17 x 9 Side Biters, Diablo Programer, Sprintex Super Charger, Power Stop Brakes, Bushwacker fenders, Wet Okole seat covers (with loaded pistol pockets and seat heaters), Ripp long tube headers with high flow cats, Poison Spider hood louver, Pure Jeep front and rear bumpers, Warn 12K Power Plant winch, Rusty's Off Road Evap skid plate, Banks Cold Air Intake, Damn! That's a mouth full!!!

Crazy Wanda's, owner, head cook! Call me for signature breading, seasonings, catering and on site cooking!
    Let me cook your holiday meal (or the main), game day food or company party. Fried or smoked turkeys, prime rib, ribs, BBQ, wings, fried fish and chicken, seafood of any kind, Greek, Italian, Cuban, you name it!
    http://www.crazywandallc.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KOLPAK View Post
    The reasoning on the pricing is easy. Not only is the 7.3 4wd the holy grail of Excursions, it also has a new $4k transmission, $2k worth or glow plugs, valve cover gaskets, injector harnesses and ICP sensor, front and rear bakes, every maintenance record for the day I bought it 2003, new tires $2k (Nittos, not cheap tires to sell it) and the interior is in awesome shape only showing wear on the driver's seat which is minimal for a 382K vehicle. You can find gas burners or 6.0 engines out there for cheap, the 7.3 4wd, combined with the condition and $8K worth of work and new parts, it's worth it. I have it at $16,900 on Craigslist because of all the bullshit you get from there, and that is all I have gotten, BS and criminals trying to steal it. $15,900 is my actual asking price, key word ASKING.

Earnest McCarty Ford has a XLT 2 wd gas burner for 10,900, not sure on the miles. Alared has a F250 with the 7.3 that has 500k miles on it and still kicking.
    I meant no disrespect and my NADA research showed that the price wasnt that far off.. i was just shocked to see a vehicle with almost 400k miles for that much.. good luck selling it!